About 24 hours just after CNN declared a revamp of its daytime schedule, MSNBC created a similar announcement.
Hallie Jackson, who has been anchoring MSNBC’s 3 p.m. hour, is leaving the cable channel and using on an expanded part at NBC News Now, where she’ll host a two-hour streaming software.
In accordance to NBC Information Now executive in charge Janelle Rodriguez, Hallie Jackson Now will stream weekdays from 5-7 p.m. ET before a are living toss to Tom Llamas, adopted by the recently-introduced 8 p.m. giving Now Tonight with Gadi Schwartz.
Jackson’s expanded part at the advert-supported streaming community helps make perception. Assortment‘s Brian Steinberg, who broke the information Thursday afternoon, experiences that on-demand episodes of Jackson’s existing NBC News Now streaming plan have produced the strongest Check out moments of any exhibit on the outlet, in accordance to NBCU information.
Katy Tur will shift from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m., and Chris Jansing, the MSNBC mainstay who at the moment potential customers the network’s 1 p.m. hour, will now direct the 1-3 p.m. time interval ahead of a stay toss to Tur.
Furthermore, José Díaz-Balart is vacating 10 a.m. for the 11 a.m. ET hour on MSNBC. The 10 a.m. hour will have a rotating lineup of hosts until a new anchor is named, which we hear could sooner or later be former CNN anchor Ana Cabrera.
Andrea Mitchell will proceed to host Andrea Mitchell Reviews weekdays at Midday ET.
The 10 a.m.-3 p.m. weekday block will keep on to be recognized as MSNBC Experiences.
In addition, Katie Phang will kick off the are living weekend programming schedule at 8 a.m. ET. She’ll be followed by Sunday host and regular weekday primetime fill-in Jonathan Capehart at 9 a.m. ET. Ali Velshi will anchor Velshi on Saturdays and Sundays from 10 a.m.-12 p.m. ET.
The programming moves at MSNBC will go into outcome on February 13 for weekday packages and February 18 for weekend packages, MSNBC chief Rashida Jones mentioned in an inside memo.
I’m happy to share some programming modifications that will bolster our lineup and better position the network for future accomplishment.
We’re shifting our weekday daytime MSNBC Experiences programming beginning Monday, February 13.
- Hallie Jackson, who has masterfully helmed the 3pm hour of MSNBC Reports, is more growing her role with NBC Information and her footprint on NBC News NOW. She will focus her day by day anchoring on streaming with an additional hour of Hallie Jackson NOW, signifying the Information Group’s continued motivation to streaming. Browse a lot more in this take note from Janelle.
- A centerpiece of MSNBC’s breaking information protection for far more than 20 years, Chris Jansing will make on her a long time-extended motivation to trusted, reliable journalism for an expanded two several hours of Chris Jansing Stories from 1pm to 3pm.
- In addition, José Díaz-Balart will slide to 11am. Andrea Mitchell will continue on to hold the fort at midday and Katy Tur will anchor the 3pm. The 10am will have a rotating lineup of hosts until eventually a new anchor is named.
We’re also modifying our weekend mornings starting Saturday, February 18.
- Dwell programming will now start off with Katie Phang at 8am.
- Jonathan Capehartwill provide his beltway knowledge to MSNBC viewers on both Saturdays and Sundays beginning at 9am.
- Ali Velshi,who carries on to give vital on-the-floor reporting from across the nation and abroad, will now anchor Velshi on Saturdays and Sundays from 10am to 12pm.
We are functioning diligently to generate a smooth changeover. I want to thank all of you for your energy and perseverance as we embark on a new chapter.